The Western New York Service-Learning Coalition (WNYSLC) is a collaboration of colleges, universities and community organizations. We are committed to sharing resources, knowledge, and practices related to service-learning and community engagement in an effort to strengthen reciprocal campus-community partnerships to promote student civic responsibility.
Not-for-Profit and Community Organizations
How membership with WNYSLC can benefit you and your organization:
- Access to service-learning related tools and resources on a password protected website
- Professional development and training opportunities designed to equip not-for-profits and community organizations with the tools to create positive and impactful service-learning and volunteer experiences that more deeply engage others in your mission
- Opportunities to connect and network with local colleges/universities, faculty, and other community organizations who are committed to community work
- Eligibility to serve on the WNYSLC steering committee to guide the strategic goals of the organization
- Monthly notification of events, trainings, etc. in the region
- Build capacity for your organization with service-learning and volunteer students
- Access to potential future interns, volunteers, employees, and donors
- Access to a member directory so you can directly connect with others doing this work
- Ability to submit “wish list,” project ideas, and organizational needs to the WNYSLC to share with constituents
Not-for-Profit and Community Organization Membership Cost
Membership for individual not-for-profit staff and community organizations is free. The WNYSLC understands that not-for-profits and community organizations are doing important work. We want the opportunity to be a member of the coalition to be open to all groups, no matter the size and scope of your mission.
How to become a member of WNYSLC:
Complete the online form to become a member of the WNY Service-Learning Coalition.